Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Waste of Snow

I've had this cold since last Thursday. It's really kicking my butt. I have to rest a couple of times when I feed the animals in the morning. I've been able to breath alright, my nose hasn't been stuffed up. I just can't seem to do anything. Yesterday, I moved a speaker in a truck and it was hard work. A little 10 minute job and it took me 30 minutes.
Stacey told me to go to the doctor. I wasn't going until the boss told me I should. He wouldn't go to a doctor if he was having a stroke. I figured if I was starting to worry him, maybe I should go. The doctor wasn't impressed. He'd seen 6 of me before lunch and none of us were likely to die soon. He did give me a course of antibiotics to hold off pneumonia. Normally, I'd worry about the overuse of antibiotics causing drug resistant bacteria but I'm taking them. This is a nasty cold.
It's beef stew for lunch. We've been cleaning the freezers getting ready for Jake the steer to return from freezer camp. Stacey found some steaks left from the old steer and used 2 to make the stew. The other two were pretty freezer burned and went to the dogs. We've been feeding the old sausage to them as well. The dogs are happy but I suppose I'll have to raise hogs again. Bah!
The snow went around us again. Our weather apocalypse consisted of maybe 5 inches of new snow. Typical, first D.C. takes all our money and now they've taken the snow. I know it's Al Gore's fault.
Stacey has been taking a class on how to deal with the dying and seriously ill. She says she wants to volunteer with a local hospice. Personally, I'm checking her cooking spices a little more closely.
I've got to get busy a plan my garden. I need to get the seed orders out. It's time to get the plant incubator cleaned up and in operation. I buy most of my tomatoes and peppers from our friends Doug and Mary over in Milan, Ohio but some stuff, I need to do here. I still hope for a greenhouse someday. Farmtek has some beauties for low prices but not low enough for me yet.
That's the news from Lake Erie. It's not nearly as exciting as Lake Woe-Be-Gone but I don't have a radio show either. I can make a good biscuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment