Saturday, August 1, 2015

Same old, mostly.

I continue to heal well. My friend Mikey has helped me weed. My cousins have been helping with yard work.It's all good. The fair went as well as could be expected. We did get a sheep to lamb in time. Stacey got Best of Show for her cherry pie She never did that with a cherry pie before. She got some other ribbons as well. I took a Second with my Gluten Free Almond Cookies. Stacey says the cookie class is especially tough so it's a real achievement. Of course, she's my wife so she could be just shining me on. The fair just didn't seem right. The weather was beautiful. Where were the tornadoes, the straight line winds and the massive lightning storms accompanied by flooding? It just wasn't right. The only thing our gardening this year has produced is cucumbers. Stacey keeps trying to come up with new ways to fix them. She keeps telling me how good they are for the joints. I recognize this for what it is. She's trying to get me to eat them up. As our only garden produce, I guess I'll have to. My Mother-In-Law is in the hospital for a heart attack. The docs put in a stent and she should be fine. Right now, she's so doped up that she has no idea of where or what. Her son and granddaughter had to drag her to the hospital, kicking and screaming. She hates hospitals. That's it for now. It's back to the front porch to read and watch the birds. Maybe I'll do an extra set of Kegels to break the monotony. I got to get out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment